Thursday 27 August 2009

Day One (part two) - The night market

I know this is late, but I didn't get to an Internet Cafe until today.

After my last update, I took the MTR up to Yau Ma Tei and visited the night market. It was a strange, with loads an endless row of stalls selling a huge amount of things, ranging from bronze buddhas and fans to knock-off formula one t-shirts and fake leather belts and watches. When I had walked through the main bulk of these stalls, I rached a small squre, surrounded by booths of fortune tellers, using all kinds of unorthodox methods of fortune telling, including shaking stones inside a tortoise shell, looking at palms and tarot. After walking through all of this, I finally arrived at Jordan MTR, and decided to retire to my hotel room and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment